Having a baby shower is a fun way to celebrate a bundle of joy’s arrival or soon-to-be arrival. While opening presents and eating yummy food are usually part of the celebration, playing games during the event can be the most fun. Here are five fun games for you to play at your next baby shower.
Poopy Diapers Game
This baby shower game is not for the faint of heart. The Poopy diapers game will bring lots of laughs, but I suggest you play this one AFTER everyone eats. It might gross out some people!
The items you will need for this game are miniature candy bars and newborn infant-sized diapers.
How to prep for this baby shower game:
- Number the diapers on the outside.
- Melt the miniature candy bars for a few seconds in the microwave. Do each separately so as not to mix the different kinds of candy bars.
- Place the melted candy in the diapers and give them a squish to provide the appearance of a poopy diaper. Be sure to note what type of candy bar is in each numbered diaper.
- Give guests a blank sheet of paper and also provide a list of all the candy bars used. Or, to make it harder, don’t provide a list and have the guests take a shot at their knowledge of miniature candy bars!
- Then have your guests pass around the diapers, opening each and writing down their guess as to what the melted candy bar is in each diaper. The person with the correct guesses wins a prize!
Mystery Food Baby Shower Game
The Mystery Food game is a lot less gross than the previously mentioned Poopy Diapers. However, this baby shower game still involves food, and this time your guests will be eating it!
Items you will need for this game are ten different jars of baby food and mini plastic spoons. I would make sure that the baby food is very similar in appearance. Some good options are butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, peach, mango, apricot, pumpkin, apple, and pear.
How to prep this baby shower game
- Number each of the baby food jars.
- Remove the labels, but make sure you note what flavor is in each jar.
- Provide individuals with a piece of paper numbered 1 through 10. Grab a FREE printable sheet you can use for this game here.
- Have each guest try each jar of baby food and guess what flavor is in it.
- The winner is the guest that has correctly guessed the most jars of baby food.
Guess the Due Date
This game does not have an immediate winner as the object is to guess the due date and see what guest answers closest to the actual delivery date. It would be better if there is a larger prize involved, for example, a $50 gift card to a restaurant or department store. Have each person write down their guess and keep them until the baby is born. Once you have the actual birthdate, and thus the winner of the closest guess for the due date, send the guest the prize.
Who’s That Baby?
Who’s that baby is an entertaining baby shower game that everyone will get a kick out of playing. This activity will bring back a lot of memories and laughter. To play, you will need baby pictures from each guest. So this is something you want to prepare for ahead of time. When sending out the invitations, inform each invitee that they should bring their baby picture to the shower to play one of the games. Or you could try to collect baby photos from close family members and have only some images displayed for the game. Then tape photos to a poster display board and number each under the photos. Have everyone guess who is in each of the pictures. The guest with the correct answers is the winner!
The Momma Egg Game
The Momma Egg Game will be played for the entire baby shower, and it is similar to the clothespin game if you ever played that. First, get your hands on some plastic eggs from Easter. Next, place a piece of blank paper in all of them except for one. In that last egg, place a paper in the shape of a baby. Or you could cut out a picture of a baby from a magazine. As each guest arrives, give them a plastic egg and tell them that it is their goal to take care of the baby egg throughout the shower event. If the egg is left unattended or dropped at any point, another momma, upon seeing that and calling it out, can adopt that egg. The baby shower guest with the most eggs at the end of the shower wins a prize. The baby shower guest who has the egg with the paper baby inside wins a prize as well.
Finally, there are many other traditional games you can find free printables for online, including baby word search, crossword search, scramble, and bingo. You can grab our version of baby bingo here, baby shower word search here, or baby shower word scramble here from our Etsy shop.
If you are planning a baby shower, you now have five excellent game ideas. Have fun at your next baby shower playing one or more of these baby shower games.